Robosexual is a term to describe people (or sentient robots, if technology ever advances to that point) who are sexually and/or emotionally attached to robots. Commonly, the robots to which robosexuals are attracted are better described as androids, meaning that said robots have more humanoid features.
Like some other sexual orientations, robosexuality only goes in one direction: from human to robot. This is only because robots do not currently possess sentience, and because even if a person were in a hypothetical relationship with a sentient robot, that robot would not be robosexual towards the person since robosexuality is exclusively an attraction towards robots.
A Sexual Orientation of the Future
There are very few robosexuals today, but robosexuality is predicted to become more common in the not-too-distant future. Dr. David Levy, an expert in human-robot relationships, stated that humans will be marrying robots by 2050.
An Example of a Robosexual
(reference to flag: )
- Robosexuality, Wikipedia, last changed on 23 February 2017, https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robosexuality
- Craw, Victoria, French woman wants to marry a robot as expert predicts sex robots to become preferable to humans, news.com.au, 23 December 2016, http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/sex/french-woman-wants-to-marry-a-robot-as-expert-predicts-sex-robots-to-become-preferable-to-humans/news-story/fa40fc51a55564627589e80d3a527059
- Bodkin, Henry, Rise of the machines: robots set to take over in bed, Stuff, 20 December 2016, http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/love-sex/87791495/rise-of-the-machines-robots-set-to-take-over-in-bed
- Lutkin, Aimée, Extremely Relatable Woman Wants To Marry the Robot She Built, Jezebel, 23 December 2016, http://jezebel.com/extremely-relatable-woman-wants-to-marry-the-robot-she-1790451780
- VocaWolfUTAU, Robosexual concept flag, December 2015, https://vocawolfutau.deviantart.com/art/Robosexual-concept-flag-575798415